Can run from shell but not from Asterisk System command

Question

Hi All, I have this strange problem on a newly installed PBX. 1.8.12.0. I have other installs of 1.8.12.0 that does not exhibit this problem. I can run from the console
/usr/sbin/fax2mail --cid-name "Console Execuation" --cid-number 61123123 --dest-exten 8960 -f /var/spool/asterisk/fax/1336702728.59 ... and an email will be emailed to me. The following does not produce an email.
exten => 1122,1,Answer
exten => 1122,n,System(/usr/sbin/fax2mail --cid-name "Console Execuation" --cid-number 61123123 --dest-exten 8960 -f /var/spool/asterisk/fax/1336702728.59)
exten => 1122,n,HangUp result from CLI
== Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5

Asterisk Users 3.3 years ago 1 Answer

Event response (AMI)

Question

When I execute the Action commands set then the Event would response back.
How would I know which Action are they belong/reference to? For example: ACTION: Originate
Channel: SIP/test
Channel: SIP/test-0000007f
Uniqueid: 1336690030.189
CallerIDNum:
CallerIDName:

Cause: 16
Cause-txt: Normal Clearing
As you can see, how would I know…

Asterisk Users 3.3 years ago 4 Answers

enabling dialing by sip uri

Question

On 05/10/2012 09:39 AM, Arif Hossain wrote:
> I have following sip account :
> Name/username Host Dyn
> Forcerport ACL Port Status Description
> demo-alice/demo-alice 192.168.7.47 D
> N 1080 Unmonitored
> demo-bob/demo-bob 192.168.7.47 D
> N 5060 Unmonitored
> and i have set up the following extensions for them:
> ASTERISK_IP=192.168.7.39
> [users]
> exten=>6001,1,Dial(SIP/demo-alice,20)
> exten=>6002,1,Dial(SIP/demo-bob,20)
> exten => _.,n,GotoIf($[${SIPDOMAIN} = ${ASTERISK_IP}]?unhandled)
> exten => _.,n,GotoIf($[${SIPDOMAIN} = ${ASTERISK_IP}:5060]?unhandled)
> exten => _.,n,Macro(uri-dial,${EXTEN}@${SIPDOMAIN})

Asterisk Users 3.3 years ago 3 Answers

Email-to-Fax

Question

Dear,
I am using Fax-to-Email feature of FreePBX, now i am looking Email-To-Fax
option with freePBX, kindly update is it possible to have this feature with
FreePBX?
kindly contact me on my email mianasif@msn.com if anybody have this type of
solution. thanks.

Asterisk Users 3.3 years ago 0 Answers

Open Source Realtime Dinner in Barcelona - June 13th

Question

Hello! I will be running an Asterisk SIP Masterclass - the last one - in Barcelona in June. During this week, I will organize a dinner for everyone working with or interested in Asterisk, Kamailio and other Open Source platforms for realtime communication. It's June 13th somewhere in Barcelona - location will be announced later. You pay our own dinner (unless we can find sponsors) and enjoy the geeky company for free! To join the event, use this Facebook event https://www.facebook.com/events/307548349321608/ See you in Barcelona! /O

Asterisk Users 3.3 years ago 0 Answers

[asterisk-users] looking for "solid state" like PC suitable for Asterisk

Question

Another option is to get those routers that are capable of running dd-wrt firmware with USB ports(for storage) This option is rather good if you don't need any VoIP cards and if you are OK to use sip/iax2 etc trunks. I have my wifi router with dd-wrt firmware running asterisk for home use. It's cheap, small, uses less power, noiseless and :) just cool Sent from my iPhone On May 10, 2012, at 7:35 PM, John Novack wrote: > I use HP Thin Clients with AstLinux installed.
> HP 5720's are available on eBay for not much…

Asterisk Users 3.3 years ago 0 Answers

Increasing voice volume without getting echo or entered digit problem

Question

Dears; How I can increase the voice volume in the analogue line (at dahdi port) without getting a problems in the entered digits (when using Background function)? I got to know previously that it is possible to increase the gain at hardware and not software, this is better to avoid getting a problems. But where? I am using DAHDI 2.4 and another machine has DAHDI 2.6 Using txgain and rxgain from chan_dahdi.conf will not help, it will increase the voice volume but with the following problems: 1) Suddenly the call will be disconnected while we are talking.
2) When…

Asterisk Users 3.3 years ago 2 Answers

looking for "solid state" like PC suitable for Asterisk

Question

Hi all, for smaller (or maybe even bigger) sites I'm looking for a smaller,
appliance-type like PC, preferably solid state and fanless PC.
Since it's only going to run Asterisk for a couple of extensions I don't
think CPU and RAM need to be maxed out. Does anyone have inspiration/experience for/about such a model? thx!! BC

Asterisk Users 3.3 years ago 21 Answers