Goggle voice incoming dialplan

accounts into the jabber.conf. How can I direct different accounts to
different extensions?

Help with example is much appreciate

Thanks,

CK

6 thoughts on - Goggle voice incoming dialplan

• Do anyone know how to receiving incoming call from GV number associated with
    an non gmail.com account? I have custom domains under google and would like
    to receiving calls via asterisk.

The google chat function is missing in these GV accounts.

• I believe you can send a GV # to any US Phone number.

That is beyond the scope of this list.

But in order to directly terminate the GV # into Asterisk (without using
    SIP) you must be able to terminate the GV # into a Google Chat Account.

as what is being done is theoretically making “asterisk” a GTalk/Chat/Jabber
    Client.

There is currently no other way to directly terminate a GV # into Asterisk..
    (there was some sip rumblings a few weeks ago, but it’s all been disabled)
    as Google is trying to tread lightly in the “VoIP” Realm as to prevent
    FCC/Communications issues with taxation technical support issues., etc.
    (this is just a guess on my part)

[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces@lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of asterisk
    asterisk
    Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2011 11:59 PM

Can this non gmail.com GV number be terminated at some sip accounts so that
    I can bridge to it via asterisk as client?

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 11:48 AM, William Stillwell
    wrote:

Only GV numbers that can terminate to a Google Chat Account can be connected
    directly to asterisk.

Otherwise you will need to get a free SIP Account, and route calls to it.

[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces@lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of asterisk
    asterisk
    Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2011 11:39 PM

Do anyone know how to receiving incoming call from GV number associated with
    an non gmail.com account? I have custom domains under google and would like
    to receiving calls via asterisk.

The google chat function is missing in these GV accounts.

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 11:30 AM, asterisk asterisk

accounts into the jabber.conf. How can I direct different accounts to
    different extensions?

Help with example is much appreciate

Thanks,

CK

• Yes, I’ve setup some GV numbers on my google apps accounts (@selbytech.com,
    for example), and associated those with gchat accounts (
    wcselby@selbytech.com), and successfully received calls on my asterisk using
    this solution.

• Could you elaborate on how you can associate those non-gmail accounts with
    gchat account?

• I’m not trying to be a jerk or anything. But have you played with this at all or are you just looking for someone to write you a dialplan/config that already works. There are some great pointers in the sample configs and if you look around on google for “gtalk asterisk”. Also, read the asterisk wiki on how the gtalk stuff works.

As far as how to tie your gapps account to gtalk…. that IS outside the scope of this list.