The Asterisk Development Team is pleased to announce the second beta release of Asterisk 10.0.0. This release is available for immediate download at
With the release of the Asterisk 10 branch, the preceding ‘1.’ has been removed from the version number per the blog post available at
All interested users of Asterisk are encouraged to participate in the Asterisk 10 testing process. Please report any issues found to the issue tracker, https://issues.asterisk.org/jira. It is also very useful to see successful test reports. Please post those to the asterisk-dev mailing list.
All Asterisk users are invited to participate in the #asterisk-testing channel on IRC to work together in testing the many parts of Asterisk.
Asterisk 10 is the next major release series of Asterisk. It will be a Standard support release, similar to Asterisk 1.6.2. For more information about support time lines for Asterisk releases, see the Asterisk versions page: https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+Versions
A short list of features includes:
* T.38 gateway functionality has been added to res_fax.
* Protocol independent out-of-call messaging support. Text messages not associated with an active call can now be routed through the Asterisk dialplan. SIP and XMPP are supported so far.
* New highly optimized and customizable ConfBridge application capable of mixing audio at sample rates ranging from 8kHz-192kHz
* Addition of video_mode option in confbridge.conf to provide basic video conferencing in the ConfBridge() dialplan application.
* Support for defining hints has been added to pbx_lua.
* Replacement of Berkeley DB with SQLite for the Asterisk Database (AstDB).
* Much, much more!
A full list of new features can be found in the CHANGES file.
For a full list of changes in the current release, please see the ChangeLog:
Thank you for your continued support of Asterisk!