The Asterisk Development Team has announced the release of Asterisk 1.4.40. This
release is available for immediate download at
The release of Asterisk 1.4.40 resolves several issues reported by the
community and would have not been possible without your participation.
The following is a sample of the issues resolved in this release:
* Correct issue where res_config_odbc could populate fields with invalid data.
(Closes issue #18251, #18279. Reported by bcnit, zerohalo. Tested by trev,
jthurman, elguero, zerohalo. Patched by tilghman)
* Resolve issue where re-transmissions of SUBSCRIBE could break presence.
(Closes issue #18075. Reported by mdu113. Patched by twilson)
* Resolve issue in res_odbc where it may crash when a query fails.
(Closes issue #18243. Reported, patched by ks3)
* Fix CPU spike when pressing DTMF after agent login.
(Closes issue #18130. Reported by rgj. Patched by jpeeler)
* Fix cross-compiling issue.
(Closes issue #18301. Reported, patched by abelbeck)
* This version of Asterisk includes the new Compiler Flags option
BETTER_BACKTRACES which uses libbfd to search for better symbol information
within both the Asterisk binary, as well as loaded modules, to assist when
using inline backtraces to track down problems.
(Patched by tilghman)
* Resolve several issues with DTMF based attended transfers.
(Closes issues #17999, #17096, #18395, #17273. Reported by iskatel, gelo,
shihchaun, grecco. Patched by rmudgett).
NOTE: Be sure to read the ChangeLog for more information about these changes.
* Fix regression that changed behavior of queues when ringing a queue member.
(Closes issue #18747, #18733. Reported by vrban. Patched by qwell.)
Additionally, this release has the changes related to security bulletin
AST-2011-002 which can be found at
For a full list of changes in this release, please see the ChangeLog:
Thank you for your continued support of Asterisk!