Let say that in a call center, callers are recognized and categorized in 4
priority levels (priority 1 for Very Very Important Personalities, 2 for VIP, and so on) before entering a Queue. How can you make sure a priority 2 caller is answered before priority 3
callers, for instance ?
I can think of several solutions but none really pleases me :
1. Have 4 different queues, set penalty value and let each caller enter one queue depending on its own priority. I don’t like this solution because I foresee editing stats for 4 queues instead of one is harder.
2. Iterate over each call waiting in the queue and insert new call with Queue’s position argument accordingly valued. I don’t like this one because I’m afraid coding this won’t be so easy.
What would you suggest ?
* You are viewing Posts Tagged ‘caller’
I am in need of a “special” asterisk conference room with the following constraints:
- there is one admin / moderator and several “normal” callers.
- the callers must not hear any other caller, only the moderator
- the moderator must be able to mute and unmute any caller at any time
- the moderator must be able to talk to all callers or to a specific caller.
- the modetator must be able to kick off any caller at any time…
Any hints on how to realize that are highly appreciated..
Thanx in advance, yves
When a call comes in and is parked using the Park() command it appears that
the billing seconds do not include the time while the caller was parked. Is
there a simple way to correct this with an option or setting in asterisk.
This is not acceptable as we are loosing min when callers park calls.
I am using 1.8.x release currently.
Does SendFAX have the ability to put the caller ID and timestamp on the fax?
If so, is there a way to adjust the timezone used for the timestamp?
Thanks for any assistance.
I have two asterisk boxes, one with asterisk 188.8.131.52 and the other
with asterisk 184.108.40.206
Sip show settings of both boxes have no difference and also the peers
I am generating a call using call file with following details:
Account: 9164421122 < -- this is the accountcode of 1028
CallerID: “Zohair Raza”<1031> < -- I want to see this caller id at
dialing peer (1028) and “Test” <1028> (originiating caller id) at
On asterisk 220.127.116.11 I get results as expected and debug output is as below