The Asterisk Development Team announces the release of Asterisk 126.96.36.199.
This release is available for immediate download at http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk/
The release of Asterisk 188.8.131.52 resolves several issues reported by the community and would have not been possible without your participation.
Please note that a significant numbers of changes and fixes have gone into features.c in this release (call parking, built-in transfers, call pickup, etc.).
Recently, we were notified that the mechanism included in our Asterisk source code releases to download and build support for the iLBC codec had stopped working correctly; a little investigation revealed that this occurred because of some changes on the ilbcfreeware.org website. These changes occurred as a result of Google’s acquisition of GIPS, who produced (and provided licenses for) the iLBC codec.
If you are a user of Asterisk and iLBC together, and you’ve already executed a license agreement with GIPS, we believe you can continue using iLBC with Asterisk. If you are a user of Asterisk and iLBC together, but you had not executed a license agreement with GIPS, we encourage you to research the situation and consult with your own legal representatives to determine what actions you may want to take (or avoid taking).
More information is available on the Asterisk blog:
The following is a sample of the issues resolved in this release:
* Added the ‘storesipcause’ option to sip.conf to allow the user to disable the setting of HASH(SIP_CAUSE,) on the channel. Having chan_sip set HASH(SIP_CAUSE,) on the channel carries a significant performance penalty because of the usage of the MASTER_CHANNEL() dialplan function.
We’ve decided to disable this feature by default in future 1.8 versions. This would be an unexpected behavior change for anyone depending on that SIP_CAUSE update in their dialplan. Please refer to the asterisk-dev mailing list more information:
* Significant fixes and improvements to parking lots.
(Closes issues ASTERISK-17183, ASTERISK-17870, ASTERISK-17430, ASTERISK-17452, ASTERISK-17452, ASTERISK-15792. Reported by: David Cabrejos, Remi Quezada, Philippe Lindheimer, David Woolley, Mat Murdock. Patched by: rmudgett)
* Numerous issues have been reported for deadlocks that are caused by a blocking read in res_timing_timerfd on a file descriptor that will never be written to.
A change to Asterisk adds some checks to make sure that the timerfd is both valid and armed before calling read(). Should fix: ASTERISK-18142, ASTERISK-18197, ASTERISK-18166 and possibly others.
(In essence, this change should make res_timing_timerfd usable.)
* Resolve segfault when publishing device states via XMPP and not connected.
(Closes issue ASTERISK-18078. Reported, patched by: Michael L. Young. Tested by Jonathan Rose)
* Refresh peer address if DNS unavailable at peer creation.
(Closes issue ASTERISK-18000)
* Fix the missing DAHDI channels when using the newer chan_dahdi.conf sections for channel configuration.
(Closes issue ASTERISK-18496. Reported by Sean Darcy. Patched by Richard Mudgett)
* Remove unnecessary libpri dependency checks in the configure script.
(Closes issue ASTERISK-18535. Reported by Michael Keuter. Patched by Richard Mudgett)
* Update get_ilbc_source.sh script to work again.
(Closes issue ASTERISK-18412)
For a full list of changes in this release, please see the ChangeLog:
Thank you for your continued support of Asterisk!