The Asterisk Development Team is pleased to announce the release of Asterisk 188.8.131.52. This release is available for immediate download at
The release of Asterisk 184.108.40.206 resolves several issues reported by the community and would have not been possible without your participation.
The following is a sample of the issues resolved in this release:
* Updated SIP 484 handling; added Incomplete control frame When a SIP phone uses the dial application and receives a 484 Address
Incomplete response, if overlapped dialing is enabled for SIP, then the 484 Address Incomplete is forwarded back to the SIP phone and the HANGUPCAUSE channel variable is set to 28. Previously, the Incomplete application dialplan logic was automatically triggered; now, explicit dialplan usage of the application is required.
(Closes ASTERISK-17288. Reported by: Mikael Carlsson Tested by: Matthew
Jordan Review: https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/1416/)
* Prevent IAX2 from getting IPv6 addresses via DNS IAX2 does not support IPv6 and getting such addresses from DNS can cause error messages on the remote end involving bad IPv4 address casts in the presence of IPv6/IPv4 tunnels.
(Closes issue ASTERISK-18090. Patched by Kinsey Moore)
* Fix bad RTP media bridges in directmedia calls on peers separated by multiple Asterisk nodes.
(Closes issue ASTERISK-18340. Reported by: Thomas Arimont. Closes issue
ASTERISK-17725. Reported by: kwk. Tested by: twilson, jrose)
* Fix crashes in ast_rtcp_write()
(Closes issue ASTERISK-18570)
Related issues that look like they are the same problem:
(Issue ASTERISK-17560, ASTERISK-15406, ASTERISK-15257, ASTERISK-13334, ASTERISK-9977, ASTERISK-9716)
Patched by: Russell Bryant
* Fix for incorrect voicemail duration in external notifications.
This patch fixes an issue where the voicemail duration was being reported with a duration significantly less than the actual sound file duration.
(Closes ASTERISK-16981. Reported by: Mary Ciuciu, Byron Clark, Brad House, Karsten Wemheuer, KevinH Tested by: Matt Jordan Review: https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/1443)
* Prevent segfault if call arrives before Asterisk is fully booted.
(Patched by alecdavis. https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/1407/)
* Fix remote Crash Vulnerability in SIP channel driver (AST-2011-012)
* Fix locking order in app_queue.c which caused deadlocks
(Closes issue ASTERISK-18101. Reported by Paul Rolfe, patched by Gregory Nietsky)
(Closes issue ASTERISK-18487. Reported by Jason Legault, patched by Gregory Nietsky)
* Fix regression in configure script for libpri capability checks
(Closes issue ASTERISK-18687. Reported by norbert, patched by Richard Mudgett)
* Prevent BLF subscriptions from causing deadlocks.
(Closes issue ASTERISK-18663)
* Fix deadlock if peer is destroyed while sending MWI notice.
(Closes issue ASTERISK-18747)
Reported by: Gregory Hinton Nietsky
* Fix issue with setting defaultenabled on categories that are already enabled by default.
(Closes issue ASTERISK-18738)
Reported by: Paul Belanger
* Don’t crash on INFO automon request with no channel AST-2011-014. When automon was enabled in features.conf, it was possible to crash Asterisk by sending an INFO request if no channel had been created yet.
* Fixed crash from orphaned MWI subscriptions in chan_sip This patch resolves the issue where MWI subscriptions are orphaned by subsequent SIP SUBSCRIBE messages.
* Default to nat=yes; warn when nat in general and peer differ AST-2011-013. It is possible to enumerate SIP usernames when the general and user/peer nat settings differ in whether to respond to the port a request is sent from or the port listed for responses in the Via header.
For a full list of changes in this release, please see the ChangeLog:
Thank you for your continued support of Asterisk!