I’m in the early stages of designing an Emergency calling service IVR
The IVR application asks simple one or two questions like “which is the postal code of the area you are currently calling from ?” “Is the correct
?”. The expected values are a 5-digits number like
“twenty-five-thousand-two-hundreds-twelve” or “twenty-five-two-twelve”
variations or “yes or no”.
From received answers, this application would route incoming call to an appropriate Public Safety Answering Point.
As IVR requires working DTMF and sometimes it’s not easy to type DTMF with wireless phones, I wonder if I should or not use ASR as an alternative to IVR.
My requirements are:
– spoken language is France/french
– low call volume (<5 calls at peak time)
- asterisk 13 and up support
- hosted (prefered) or online
- if hosted, should be installable on Debian (prefered) or CentOS on a dedicated VM.
1. What do you think of using ASR for such application ? Would you favor IVR, ASR or implement both ?
2. Which ASR would you recommend ?