Hi all, I’m new to VoIP, now we have a project that needs a PBX with client APPs. In our team we have argument for choosing PBX. By so far, we have following candidates:
A: Open source
1) Asterisk PBX (http://www.asterisk.org) (with longest history that almost every one knows it, now the last version using the PJSIP stack)
2) FreeSwitch (http://www.freeswitch.org) (A lot people recommended it to us)
1) Vodia PBX (http://www.vodia.com). It comes from SNOM, now acquired by a HongKong company now
2) PortSIP PBX (http://www.portsip.com/portsip-pbx). It also includes VoIP SDK, WebRTC and offer rebranding app for free.
My boss prefers the Open Source PBX since they are free, but our CTO prefers the commercial editions, according to whom the business PBX has better support, and the performance is good, and easy to use – considering our team all are new to VoIP/PBX.
We have did some searching of Asterisk, here are my questions:
1. Does the last Asterisk using PJSIP stack ?
2. Does there has the comparison of PJSIP and reSIProcate, sofia(using by FreeSwicth) ?
3. Is it easy to compile and setup Asterisk?
4. Which Asterisk version is recommended? And does Asterisk support Windows
Thanks in advance .