PJProject 2.6

Home » Asterisk Users » PJProject 2.6
Asterisk Users No Comments

From the blog… http://blogs.asterisk.org/2017/03/01/pjproject-2-6/

This week, we’re pleased to say that we’ve updated the Asterisk 13, 14 and master branches’ bundled version of pjproject to 2.6.

Here’s a short recap of the steps we took to get here:

– All of the the patches we were applying to 2.5.5 were verified to be
in 2.6.
– We looked for any other functional or API changes that might affect
how Asterisk uses pjproject.
– We found 1 minor improvement in how memory pools are released.
This resulted in 3 minor code tweaks that are backwards compatible.
– We tested the build process looking for issues that might change how
Asterisk compiles and links pjproject.
– We found an issue with WebRTC… In this release, pjproject now
includes a WebRTC implementation in its third-party directory which we had
to disable. These were all minor updates but required to get pjproject to
build successfully and they do not affect Asterisk’s ability to process
WebRTC calls.
– One of pjproject’s configure options was changed from
‘–disable-webrtc’ to ‘–without-external-webrtc’
– The build of WebRTC was removed from the Makefile
– A #define was added to config_site.h to prevent pjmedia from
requiring WebRTC.
– We ran the Asterisk Testsuite a few dozen times to make sure the
functional tests still passed.
– Finally, for the first time, we were able to run stress tests to look
for any new performance or stability issues that might have crept in. We
didn’t find any.

Of course we could have missed something, which is why it’s important for the community to test for themselves. If you’re using the bundled version of pjproject, and you should be :), checkout the Asterisk 13 or 14 branch and test it in your environment. If you build pjproject yourself, you can try it with recent Asterisk releases.

For more information related to Astrerisk’s use of pjproject, visit Building and Installing pjproject

on the Asterisk Wiki .