Check For The Voicemail

Question
Hi all, I have a problem with voicemail. My boss has asked me to send via email, the message that a user leaves on the voicemail. This is very easy. :) After, he asked me to check before sending the email, if the receiver's mailbox is full. If the mailbox is full, Asterisk should call the receveir intern (example 2001) and using a Playback tell him that his mailbox is full. How can I do? :(

Danilo
Asterisk Users 3 years ago 17 Answers

Answers ( 17 )

1. Danny Nicholas
    August 21, 2012 at 11:47 am

Assuming that you are using the standard 100 message limit, just check for INBOX/MSG0100.txt and send the message.

-----Original Message---

2. Ruben Rögels
    August 21, 2012 at 11:53 am

just another thought: if you send the message by mail, do you need to save it?

regards, Ruben

Am 21.08.2012 18:45, schrieb Danny Nicholas:

3. Danilo Dionisi
    August 21, 2012 at 11:53 am

I'm sorry, I haven't been clear. I do not have to check the inbox on Asterisk, but I have to check the free space on a particular mailbox of Exchange software. It's possible with the pair Asterisk-Sendmail?

Il 21/08/12 18:45, Danny Nicholas ha scritto:

4. Danilo Dionisi
    August 21, 2012 at 11:55 am

The message must be deleted if sent to the recipient, otherwise it must remain on the Asterisk machine when the recipient's mailbox is full. Il 21/08/12 18:52, Ruben R

5. Carlos Rojas
    August 21, 2012 at 11:55 am

Hello

Check voicemail.conf

maxmsg = 100

And change it.

6. Danilo Dionisi
    August 21, 2012 at 12:03 pm

I'll explain. I have an email account, danilo.dionisi @ outlook.it, with a maximum size of 100MB. For example, my inbox is full, and Paris Hilton ( =P ) leaves me a voicemail message. I have to check the space of my inbox, this space is completely full, so I do not have to delete the voicemail message but I have to call my SIPphone and via a Playback announce that my inbox is full.

Il 21/08/12 18:55, Carlos Rojas ha scritto:

7. Danilo Dionisi
    August 21, 2012 at 12:29 pm

I'm sorry, how i can to check for the return code of the smtp session? I've never done :p Thanks, Danilo

Il 21/08/12 19:05, Ruben R

8. Ruben Rögels
    August 21, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Okay, so have a look at "mailcmd=" option in voicemail.conf

"mailbox" will mean a "e-mail-box" in the next lines.

What you need to do is wirting a shell script or what ever to check for the return code of the smtp session (normally it should be a 450 in case of full mailbox). In case of "450 mailbox full" whatsoever you need to create a call file in /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing directing your recipient phone to a special extension which handles the playback of the "your mailbox is full" message.

But: this will only work if you deliver the mail directly to the recipients mail server, if you use a smart host, it will accept the message and the final recipient server will bounce the mail back to you.

I hope this helps.

regards, Ruben

Am 21.08.2012 18:52, schrieb Danilo Dionisi:

9. Ruben Rögels
    August 21, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Hello,

no problem at all, I think this is the tricky part.

A smtp dialogue between your email client and a smtp server normally looks like this:

user@box:~? netcat mx1.example.com 220 postfix ESMTP mx1.example.com helo me.local 250 mx1.example.com mail from: 250 2.1.0 Ok rcpt to: 450 5.7.1 : Mailbox Full

The tricky part is writing or finding a console smtp client that gives you feedback about the 450 error that just happened. Right now I cannot give you a precise way to do that, but I have basic understanding of the technology, so I know that it is possible to do so ;-)

I'm looking around in the net, because I think I'll soon have to handle your problem aswell in my company ;-) If I can find solution, I'll post it.

regards, Ruben

Am 21.08.2012 19:20, schrieb Danilo Dionisi:

10. Aldo Bergamini
    August 21, 2012 at 12:55 pm

It is not very difficult to write an ad-hoc script in a language like Python and call it instead of the regular sendmail command. Just look up something 'Python smtp send tutorial' and you should get a good starting point. Regards, Aldo Sent from my iPhone --

11. Raj Mathur
    August 21, 2012 at 21:17 pm

Something like this ought to do it:

(sleep 5; echo HELO foo; sleep 1; \ echo mail from: foo@example.com; sleep 1; \ echo rcpt to: userid.that@youwant.to.check; sleep 1; \ echo data; echo test; echo .; sleep 1; echo quit) | \ telnet mail.ho.st 25 2>&1 | fgrep -q '450 5.7.1' && notify-user.sh

Of course, it's probably better to wrap this into a Perl or equivalent script, but it should work on the shell too.

Regards,

-- Raj

12. Roberto Piola
    August 22, 2012 at 00:06 am

I would simply send the message with sendmail -v and then grep the output for the error message Il giorno 22/ago/2012 04:19, "Raj Mathur (राज माथुर)" ha scritto:

13. Raj Mathur
    August 22, 2012 at 00:34 am

Er, that works too :) Much better solution (as long as you are root).

Regards,

-- Raj

14. Danilo Dionisi
    August 22, 2012 at 04:54 am

Yes, I'm root on the servers ;) But, the output for the error message, where is? Into /var/log/maillog? Sorry, but i'm newbie in this argument :p

Il 22/08/12 07:02, Roberto Piola ha scritto:

15. Roberto Piola
    August 22, 2012 at 04:56 am

no. when you issue sendmail -v ...., the output is sent on the standard output

16. Danilo Dionisi
    August 22, 2012 at 05:11 am

How can I, with a bash script to take the standard output? When I take the standard output, I'll do the grep to see if there is a code 450. Right?

Il 22/08/12 11:56, Roberto Piola ha scritto:

17. Roberto Piola
    August 22, 2012 at 05:35 am

Ok: this is the complete recipe.

first, make a sendmail.cf configuration file so that you are sure that sendmail tries to deliver directly to your server, and not to spool the file locally in order to send it later.

cp /etc/mail/sendmail.cf /etc/mail/direct-delivery-sendmail.cf vi +/^DS /etc/mail/direct-delivery-sendmail.cf end modify the line that begins with DS (for smart relay host) into: DSyour.exchange.server.name

save and then write a script like this:

#!/bin/bash # this is the location of the temporary file for redirecting stdout- anything unique will go TEMPFILE=/dev/shm/checkeddelivery.$$ /usr/lib/sendmail -v -g -C /etc/mail/direct-delivery-sendmail.cf $* 2>&1 >/dev/shm/checkeddelivery.$$ if [ $? != 0 ]; then .... do domething: sendmail returned an immediate local error elif [ $( grep -c ^250\\.2\\.0\\.0 $TEMPFILE) == 0 ]; then .... something: sendmail did not get a "250 2.0.0 OK message" from the remote server .... just check that your.exchange.server.name answers wth "250 2.0.0 OK", or adjust the script accordingly ... here you can also check for some different errors and behave differently for over quota, fi #on the first runs, you may leave the file in order to inspect it rm $TEMPFILE

and invoke the script as: myscript recipientaddress piping over standard input the complete mail you want to send (not only the .wav attachment)

Prev question