chan_dahdi? dahdi?

Question

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 3:48 PM, bilal ghayyad wrote: > Hi All;
> Is it normal if I used asterisk 1.4 and dahdi, then I will not find
> chan_dahdi under /usr/lib/asterisk/modules? And I will not be able to type
> dahdi commands (dahdi restart for example) in the asterisk CLI?
> Actually what I found only the following:
> app_dahdibarge.so app_dahdiras.so app_dahdiscan.so codec_dahdi.so
> So, it is available only with asterisk 1.8?
> Well, does this mean it…

Asterisk Users 3.3 years ago 0 Answers

Caller id issues

Question

First of all, I want apologize for the first two blank emails that I sent out by mistake. I have Xorcom USB fxo channel bank, asterisk 1.6, freepbx 2.8. Up to now, the lines connected from Telekom did not have caller id feature enabled, now that we enabled we cannot see incoming caller id shown. However it shows up if I connect a normal analogue phone with LCD screen to show caller id feature. So my question is - is there any specific settings I need to do for it to show caller id? Thanks! Sent from my iPhone

Asterisk Users 3.3 years ago 0 Answers

Call status register

Question

Hi all! Some time ago I'm using Asterisk (currently 1.8.10.0) at home to manage
the calls. Nothing yet very complex, just something compiled by me using
the source code from the official site of the project and configuring
the files manually to both Asterisk and DAHDI. For now I'm not using any
GUI, but when I have more time, I plan to try something in the future,
for example, to make a statistic of the calls. But, thinking about the statistics of the calls, in the last days I was
taking a…

Asterisk Users 3.3 years ago 0 Answers

Caller ID problem

Question

Hi,
I'm running asterisk 1.8.7.0
FreePBX 2.8.1
IP Phone Yealink T20 Trustrpid and sendrpid is on the sip.conf Let say I pickup a call on ext A using *8, the caller's caller ID
successfully passed to my phone. I decide to pass the call to ext B.
On phone B, it display ext A not the original's caller ID. I want on
phone B it display the caller's caller ID. Is there any solution for this? I already googling this for around a
week but found no solution yet :( Thanks and BR,

Asterisk Users 3.3 years ago 5 Answers

Disable services on startup

Question

Ok, got the idea. Thanks a lot, Danny :) On 4/15/12, Danny Nicholas wrote:
> Add the line noload=app_fax.so to modules.conf (app_fax.so might not be
> correct, do ls /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/*fax* to get the actual module on
> your machine)

Asterisk Users 3.3 years ago 0 Answers

Transcoding degradation G711iLBC

Question

On 04/15/2012 07:26 PM, Patrick Lists wrote:
> On 04/15/2012 01:15 PM, Gustavo Garcia Bernardo wrote:
>> Is it a good idea to use asterisk transcoding from G711 to iLBC or
>> should I find out any other solution not involving transcoding (f.e.
>> using G.729 that is supported in both sides). I'm worried about voice
>> quality and trying to avoid paying for G.729 licensing.
>> Anybody with experience or quantitative measurements of the voice
>> quality degradation in that scenario?
> The term that may interest…

Asterisk Users 3.3 years ago 0 Answers

Transcoding degradation G711iLBC

Question

On 04/15/2012 01:15 PM, Gustavo Garcia Bernardo wrote:
> Is it a good idea to use asterisk transcoding from G711 to iLBC or
> should I find out any other solution not involving transcoding (f.e.
> using G.729 that is supported in both sides). I'm worried about voice
> quality and trying to avoid paying for G.729 licensing.
> Anybody with experience or quantitative measurements of the voice
> quality degradation in that scenario? The term that may interest you is "Mean Opinion Score" and iLBC is quite
good. See

Asterisk Users 3.3 years ago 0 Answers

Transcoding degradation G711iLBC

Question

Is it a good idea to use asterisk transcoding from G711 to iLBC or should I find out any other solution not involving transcoding (f.e. using G.729 that is supported in both sides). I'm worried about voice quality and trying to avoid paying for G.729 licensing. Anybody with experience or quantitative measurements of the voice quality degradation in that scenario? Regards,
G ________________________________
Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario. Puede consultar nuestra pol?tica de env?o y recepci?n de correo electr?nico en el enlace situado m?s abajo.
This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. We…

Asterisk Users 3.3 years ago 0 Answers