How to make SIP guest call

Home » Asterisk Users » How to make SIP guest call

Hi all,
If I am enabling the SIP Guest calls,
How can I make the call?
what my SIP clients information to make the call?
I mean what there username and password for guest call?

9 thoughts on - How to make SIP guest call

• Actaully I didnt find a good example how to configure the guest call in asterisk other than allowGuest in SIP.conf, anybody have a good example for that?
    thanx
    ________________________________________
    Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 5:08 AM

Hi all,
    If I am enabling the SIP Guest calls,
    How can I make the call?
    what my SIP clients information to make the call?
    I mean what there username and password for guest call?

• Hi,

The point of SIP guest calls is that there is no username and password required to make calls. If you have enabled guest calls then whatever extensions you have allowed in the allocate default sip context anyone will be able to dial.

If you have in your sip.conf file

context=from-vsp ; Default context for incoming calls
    allowguest=yes ; Allow or reject guest calls (default is yes)

and in your extensions.conf file

exten => 202,1,GotoIf($[${LEN(${CALLERID(name)})}=0]?2:3)
    exten => 202,n,Set(CALLERID(NAME)=Guest SIP User)
    exten => 202,n,Dial(SIP/202,30,r)
    exten => 202,n,VoiceMail(202@default,us)
    exten => 202,n,HangUp

… then anyone will be able to call 202.

The key is to make sure people cannot make trunk calls from the guest context.

• thank you very much for this explanation, but my question does my client have to be registered first, right? what do i Use to register … there should be information to register with using guest,
    I got your idea about the security, and I can work with that … but at cleints I need to have information to log with?right?
    ________________________________________
    Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 5:45 AM

Hi,

If you have in your sip.conf file

context=from-vsp ; Default context for incoming calls
    allowguest=yes ; Allow or reject guest calls (default is yes)

and in your extensions.conf file

exten => 202,1,GotoIf($[${LEN(${CALLERID(name)})}=0]?2:3)
    exten => 202,n,Set(CALLERID(NAME)=Guest SIP User)
    exten => 202,n,Dial(SIP/202,30,r)
    exten => 202,n,VoiceMail(202@default,us)
    exten => 202,n,HangUp

… then anyone will be able to call 202.

The key is to make sure people cannot make trunk calls from the guest context.

• for example if I am using x-lite as client, how to I connect as guest from client …I am allowing guests at asterisk server
    ________________________________________
    Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 5:47 AM

________________________________________
    Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 5:45 AM

Hi,

If you have in your sip.conf file

context=from-vsp ; Default context for incoming calls
    allowguest=yes ; Allow or reject guest calls (default is yes)

and in your extensions.conf file

exten => 202,1,GotoIf($[${LEN(${CALLERID(name)})}=0]?2:3)
    exten => 202,n,Set(CALLERID(NAME)=Guest SIP User)
    exten => 202,n,Dial(SIP/202,30,r)
    exten => 202,n,VoiceMail(202@default,us)
    exten => 202,n,HangUp

… then anyone will be able to call 202.

The key is to make sure people cannot make trunk calls from the guest context.

• anyone?
    what should x-lite account be for guest user ?I tried guest but didnt work
    ________________________________________
    Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 5:56 AM

________________________________________
    Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 5:47 AM

________________________________________
    Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 5:45 AM

Hi,

If you have in your sip.conf file

context=from-vsp ; Default context for incoming calls
    allowguest=yes ; Allow or reject guest calls (default is yes)

and in your extensions.conf file

exten => 202,1,GotoIf($[${LEN(${CALLERID(name)})}=0]?2:3)
    exten => 202,n,Set(CALLERID(NAME)=Guest SIP User)
    exten => 202,n,Dial(SIP/202,30,r)
    exten => 202,n,VoiceMail(202@default,us)
    exten => 202,n,HangUp

… then anyone will be able to call 202.

The key is to make sure people cannot make trunk calls from the guest context.

• A guest does not need an account on your asterisk server so you do not
    need to configure an account on xlite. Instead on xlite you just dial
    @

Regards,
    Patrick

• thank you for your reply, but x-lite cannt dail without an active account …. dail is disabled without any account
    My problem is that I am trying to have multiclients call my SIP queue, now each client is not authorized …. so I tried to make them call using the same extension but I got call overlap between all clients, now what I want is a way that I can make all my client call the SIP queue using SIP protocol, I am thinking using guest Call it would solve my problem, can u plz help me, if you have any other suggestion plz do
    Thanx
    ________________________________________
    Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 8:53 AM

A guest does not need an account on your asterisk server so you do not
    need to configure an account on xlite. Instead on xlite you just dial
    @

Regards,
    Patrick

• I managed to do that once by using another SIP account, for example at
    Voipbuster. It’s free. Once you are connected, you can still use ext@IP of
    your server. I guess you could use any other free SIP account.

• thanx alot … 🙂 that helped
    ________________________________________
    Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 9:30 AM

I managed to do that once by using another SIP account, for example at Voipbuster. It’s free. Once you are connected, you can still use ext@IP of your server. I guess you could use any other free SIP account.

Thanx