The Asterisk Development Team is pleased to announce the first release candidate of Asterisk 10.0.0. This release candidate is available for immediate download at http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk/
All Asterisk users are encouraged to participate in the Asterisk 10 testing process. Please report any issues found to the issue tracker,
https://issues.asterisk.org/jira. It is also very useful to see successful test reports. Please post those to the asterisk-dev mailing list.
All Asterisk users are invited to participate in the #asterisk-testing channel on IRC to work together in testing the many parts of Asterisk.
Asterisk 10 is the next major release series of Asterisk. It will be a Standard support release, similar to Asterisk 1.6.2. For more
information about support time lines for Asterisk releases, see the Asterisk versions page: https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+Versions
A short list of features includes:
* T.38 gateway functionality has been added to res_fax.
* Protocol independent out-of-call messaging support. Text messages not associated with an active call can now be routed through the Asterisk
dialplan. SIP and XMPP are supported so far.
* New highly optimized and customizable ConfBridge application capable of mixing audio at sample rates ranging from 8kHz-192kHz (More information available at https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/ConfBridge+10 )
* Addition of video_mode option in confbridge.conf to provide basic video conferencing in the ConfBridge() dialplan application.
* Support for defining hints has been added to pbx_lua.
* Replacement of Berkeley DB with SQLite for the Asterisk Database (AstDB).
* Much, much more!
A full list of new features can be found in the CHANGES file.
For a full list of changes in the current release, please see the ChangeLog:
Thank you for your continued support of Asterisk!