call paging interrupts call when using Mitel 5224

Is anybody using Mitel phones? It appears that when you page a Mitel phone
using asterisk’s MeetMe, the paged phone will hang up the call its on to
take the page. Thanks in advance.

7 Responses to “call paging interrupts call when using Mitel 5224”

1. Terry Brummell said:

Jun 21, 11 at 3:04 pm

I have a 5224 and 5220′s, I will try it tonight when I get home.

Sent: Tue 6/21/2011 2:41 PM

Is anybody using Mitel phones? It appears that when you page a Mitel phone using asterisk’s MeetMe, the paged phone will hang up the call its on to take the page. Thanks in advance.

2. vip killa said:

Jun 22, 11 at 8:37 am

Thanks, that must mean it’s not asterisk but the AGI/AMI software we use
    along side it.

3. Terry Brummell said:

Jun 22, 11 at 9:21 am

Once you set it Advanced, you can’t see how to do it, so I can’t tell you.

It’s under one of the menu’s, somewhere…

Sent: Wed 6/22/2011 8:59 AM

How do you set them to “Advanced SIP mode”?

My Mitel sets are all in Advanced SIP mode (I think that’s what the call it), have you done this? Once you change to Advanced SIP, you can’t go back to basic SIP.

Sent: Wed 6/22/2011 8:37 AM

Thanks, that must mean it’s not asterisk but the AGI/AMI software we use along side it.

Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 2:42 PM

This does not happen to me, my call stays up. Caller with the page gets a busy signal.

4. vip killa said:

Jun 22, 11 at 9:36 am

Hmm, could be im on old firmware but i don’t see “SIP Enhanced Mode” and i
    followed instructions in that PDF. would you be able to tell me what
    firmware you are running?

5. vip killa said:

Jun 22, 11 at 10:07 am

i just upgraded to R8.0.08.00.00.04 but i can’t find the bootrom upgrade so
    i’m still running 02.03.02.02
    tested and call is still being interrupted when paging it…
    are you running straight asterisk or is something else handling the dialplan
    when you test?

6. Terry Brummell said:

Jun 22, 11 at 11:21 am

Sent: Wed 6/22/2011 10:56 AM

Do you have BLF working on the Mitel?

Ahh then it makes sense, FreePBX checking to see if the line is in use, then sending busy signal instead of interrupting the call

PIAF with * 1.8.3
    My bootrom is 2.3.2.2 also.

Sent: Wed 6/22/2011 10:07 AM

i just upgraded to R8.0.08.00.00.04 but i can’t find the bootrom upgrade so i’m still running 02.03.02.02
    tested and call is still being interrupted when paging it…
    are you running straight asterisk or is something else handling the dialplan when you test?

R7.2.07.02.00.04

And yes, that is likely the cause.

Sent: Wed 6/22/2011 9:36 AM

Hmm, could be im on old firmware but i don’t see “SIP Enhanced Mode” and i followed instructions in that PDF. would you be able to tell me what firmware you are running?

Page 32

Sent: Wed 6/22/2011 8:59 AM

How do you set them to “Advanced SIP mode”?

Sent: Wed 6/22/2011 8:37 AM

Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 2:42 PM

7. Terry Brummell said:

Jun 22, 11 at 11:34 am

Might take a bit, putting out some fires and beating back some aligators here at work, but I’ll get it to you.

Sent: Wed 6/22/2011 11:25 AM

Any chance you could send me (off list) you’re example provisioning files (without the SIP credentials and IPs of course)? I can’t find them anywhere online.

Sent: Wed 6/22/2011 10:56 AM

Do you have BLF working on the Mitel?

PIAF with * 1.8.3
    My bootrom is 2.3.2.2 also.

Sent: Wed 6/22/2011 10:07 AM

tested and call is still being interrupted when paging it…

R7.2.07.02.00.04

And yes, that is likely the cause.

Sent: Wed 6/22/2011 9:36 AM

Page 32

Sent: Wed 6/22/2011 8:59 AM

How do you set them to “Advanced SIP mode”?

Sent: Wed 6/22/2011 8:37 AM