The Asterisk Development Team has announced the first release candidate of
Asterisk 1.8.1. This release candidate is available for immediate download at
The release of Asterisk 1.8.1-rc1 resolves several issues reported by the
community and would have not been possible without your participation.
The following is a sample of the issues resolved in this release:
* Fix issue when using directmedia. Asterisk needs to limit the codecs offered
to just the ones that both sides recognize, otherwise they may end up sending
audio that the other side doesn’t understand.
(Closes issue #17403. Reported, patched by one47. Tested by one47, falves11)
* Resolve issue where Party A in an analog 3-way call would continue to hear
ringback after party C answers.
(Patched by rmudgett)
* Fix playback failure when using IAX with the timerfd module.
(Closes issue #18110. Reported, tested by tpanton. Patched by jpeeler)
* Fix problem with qualify option packets for realtime peers never stopping.
The option packets not only never stopped, but if a realtime peer was not in
the peer list multiple options dialogs could accumulate over time.
(Closes issue #16382. Reported by lftsy. Tested by zerohalo. Patched by
* Fix issue where it is possible to crash Asterisk by feeding the curl engine
(Closes issue #18161. Reported by wdoekes. Patched by tilghman)
For a full list of changes in this release candidate, please see the ChangeLog:
Thank you for your continued support of Asterisk!