The Asterisk Development Team has announced the release of Asterisk
1.4.37. This release is available for immediate download at
The release of Asterisk 1.4.37 resolves several issues reported by the
community and would have not been possible without your participation.
The following is a sample of the issues resolved in this release:
* Fix issue with decoding ^-escaped characters in realtime (res_pgsql)
(Closes issue #17790. Reported denzs. Patched by Qwell)
* Don’t send a devstate change on poke_noanswer if the state did not
(Closes issue #17741. Reported, patched by schmidts)
* Transmit silence when reading DTMF in ast_readstring. Otherwise you
could get issues with DTMF timeouts causing hangups.
(Closes issue #17370. Reported, patched by makoto)
* Fix to SIP extension state update (deadlock issues)
(Closes issue #17888. Reported by zerohalo. Patched by dvossel)
* Fix issue with MoH where it doesn’t recover cleanly when it can’t
play a file and would just stop, instead of continuing to find the
next playable file in the MoH class.
(Closes issue #17807. Reported by kshumard. Patched by bbryant)
For a full list of changes in the current release, please see the
Thank you for your continued support of Asterisk!