I got the time to upgrade my tutorial about Asterisk and Kamailio
realtime integration to latest stable release of Kamailio, version 3.1.0
(out on Oct 6, 2010).
You can find the document at:
Besides making it work for v3.1.x, the Kamailio config file has some new
* IP authentication – can be enabled via define WITH_IPAUTH
* TLS support – can be enabled via define WITH_TLS
– TLS to UDP translation and vice-versa is done automatically by
Kamailio in case you configure Asterisk on UDP
* detection of DoS attacks – can be enabled via define WITH_ANTIFLOOD
– banning automatically traffic from attacker IP addresses for a
specific time interval
* restructuring of configuration file for better modularity and
highlighting of functionalities such as registrar, location server,
within-dialog request routing
Hope it is useful for some people within this community.
Next step, naturally, is to upgrade the tutorial for latest Asterisk,
1.8.0, just needs some time to get familiar with it.