Asterisk 1.8 and character sets and AMI

Home » Asterisk Users » Asterisk 1.8 and character sets and AMI
Asterisk Users 2 Comments

Hi,

Just tried upgrading to 1.8 and ran into two problem immediately;

1. Caller-ID behavior is different — now when I set the caller-id
name to something with special characters (Ö, for example), the SIP
INVITE now has %C3%96 instead of the Ö character. I’ve tried doing
Set(CALLERID(name-charset)=utf8) as well as iso8859-1, but it’s always
the same behavior.

2. My AMI scripts have stopped working and Asterisk console shows a
Broken Pipe error. Has the I/O to AMI changed? I had a quick glance
through the change log and couldn’t find anything indicating
different. Haven’t started looking at what the output looks like, but
it would be nice if someone could point me to a document going through
the changes so I don’t have to re-invent the wheel.

Anyone have any info on either one?

Best regards,
Örn Arnarson

2 thoughts on - Asterisk 1.8 and character sets and AMI

  • You’ll need to include the relevant raw SIP messages for us to know if this
    is compliant behavior or not.

    Any change to the protocol should be documented in UPGRADE.txt. AFAIK,
    there has been no change to the actual protocol, but the various headers
    may have changed slightly to ensure consistency between commands.

  • Hello again,

    Here’s the header as it appears in 1.6.2.11 CLI output:

    INVITE sip:1502@192.168.10.169:5060;transport=udp SIP/2.0
    Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.10.3:5060;branch=z9hG4bK73713002;rport
    Max-Forwards: 70
    Contact:

    Here is the header with the same caller-id information in 1.8.0:

    INVITE sip:1502@192.168.10.169:5060;transport=udp SIP/2.0
    Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.10.3:5060;branch=z9hG4bK1ff411d7
    Max-Forwards: 70
    Contact:

    I have also attached PCAP files (from a different call setup, but with
    same information) for each scenario.

    Best regards,
    Örn

    default icon1.8.0.pcap